To make the juice: Peel one cucumber and put the peel in a blender. Boil one cup sugar to 1 and half cups water and add the chopped up flesh of the cucumber. Boil 10-15 minutes to infuse your simple syrup. Poor it hot into the blender. Cover blender with a towel and lid and blend. Poor the a sieve and put in the fridge to cool. Serve with just a little ice and mint. :) YUM!!!
I am using an antique baby food plate to serve as a catch all in the kitchen for all the stuff I need and tend to just keep on the counter. Its working...need to look open mindedly at the whole house in terms of inefficiencies...speaking of.........
I am finding that "wasted space" is all over my house....lots of places to re-tool and re-think their use. Perhaps this dog is a simple reminder of spring cleaning and re-tooling.
While this is not true...I am very very talkative most days...I appreciate the serenity of this gift from a student. Perhaps there are reminders everywhere to stop for just a minute and enjoy what we have been given...all the opportunities around us to be glorious and enjoy the simple and the complex (right Luchian..Mr. complexity.)
Now...Ms. Mode...is my get it together note. I read this note pinned to my desk note board everytime I need reminders to just get out there and give it my all for seven hours straight and do it with flare and fun. If I am feeling drained....I take five with a diet coke and this note and I feel much better...almost as if I want to jump (armless-ly) over trees and gigantic flowers and just enjoy the moment. :) Have a good one! A
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment